4 Critical Services Required for Effective Website and Internet Presence
Here's a quick and easy to digest summary of the four (4) critical services you need to procure to ensure your website and other Internet content is worth the money you paid for it - and is providing absolute value to your business in these very difficult times.
Don't fall into the trap of doing one without the other, or hiring a service provider who claims to provide all 4 - but doesn't deliver.
Business MUST consider and execute on ALL 4 services, to be guaranteed some level of success. After reading below, contact KME Internet Marketing for more information.
(1) DC, Maryland and Northern Virginia Web Design and Branding - this is what your website looks like, how useful and effective it is for users to navigate, the logos and branding elements, the colors and pictures, and the smart use of multimedia.
This service provides the "front window" to your business, and helps keep and convert customers who find and come to your site.
Many companies focus ONLY on this, and while claiming to deliver the other 3 services below, quite often are ineffective in these other areas. Test this out - check out the Google Page Rank of the websites that web design companies have in their portfolio - more times than not, it's quite low.
(2) Northern Virginia Internet Marketing and Social Media - this is how you attract customers to your website, using all kinds of techniques from Search Engine Optimization to Social Media Marketing, Blogging and Pay-Per-Click.
This service actually delivers the "right" customers to your website and business, through many Internet channels including search, advertising, directories, social media and news/press releases or communications. This service also includes management of marketing and advertising campaigns, along with analysis and tracking of web traffic statistics and website use.
This MUST be done by experienced professionals, in parallel with web design/build efforts - without experienced service here, no one will ever see your great website, and your web design money will have been wasted. This includes Internet AND "offline" marketing coordination and experience.
(3) Northern Virginia Web Technology and Hosting - this includes the underlying technology and programming required to run your website, from the eCommerce or Shopping Cart applications your website uses to the underlying computer services, security and performance your website needs. It's the computer Hardware, Software and Operations/Maintenance (O&M) needed to successfully run a great website.
This MUST also be done by experienced professionals, in parallel with web design/build efforts. Very frequently, however, these services can be effectively "outsourced" to very reputable "hosting firms" (such as Aplus.net). What's extremely important, however, is that you retain professional advice and services for the #4 critical service, below.
(4) Northern Virginia Information Technology Management - this is the MOST critical element of your website implementation, and is MOST frequently where website efforts fall short, expectations aren't met, and lots of money and time is wasted.
An experienced Information Technology Manager should be retained or included (on a project or consultative basis) to plan, manage and coordinate the efforts of all website development, operations and marketing activities. The Technology Manager should be experienced with BOTH "Technical Project Management" (i.e. making sure the resources, schedule, services and financing are all aligned, for the project and with your other company activities), AND "Internet Technologies" (i.e. in-depth knowledge of the kinds of technologies and services being used, including their risks, standards and best practices).
This kind of experience is MOST OFTEN the "missing link" to a successful website, and great return on your Internet Technology and Marketing investment.
This kind of experience is KME Internet Marketing's greatest strength - Technology Managers at affordable prices with BOTH regional marketing expertise AND decades of successful Internet systems engineering, architecture and online marketing experience with Globally-recognized firms, including EDS, IBM, Price-Waterhouse Coopers, and Accenture.
This critical Information Technology Management experience is typically NOT available (ask them!) from:
- local web design and graphic firms
- outsourced and offshore website development companies
- Audio/Visual design and production companies
- freelance designers, programmers or copywriters
- traditional advertising, marketing and PR companies
- ISPs/Domain Name registrars
This critical Information Technology Project Management, Digital Asset Optimization and Internet Systems Engineering experience IS available here, at KME Internet Marketing and Partners.